What is Coaching?
Coaching helps a person …
- Become self aware regarding strengths, gifts, and personality.
- Maximize their God-given potential.
- Clarify a unique purpose with goals to serve that purpose.
- Discover barriers to progress and actions to remove them.
- Define future direction with specific steps and benchmarks.
- Encourage learning and the acquisition of needed resources.
Coaching helps organizations and teams…
- Build a shared vision for a preferred future.
- Clarify the strengths and contributions of each team member.
- Identify silos thereby promoting a unified purpose.
- Simplify the business or ministry model to highlight a ‘main thing’.
- Marshall a variety of resources to serve the mission.
Coaching is …
Client centered not coach centered
Strengths based not weakness oriented
Solutions focused not motivation centric
Future forward movement with little past referencing
A series of Action Steps not random thoughts
How, what, when and who focused, not why
Listening and guiding, not telling and persuading
Coaching is Not…
Teaching – the transfer of knowledge through education.
Training – the acquisition and practice of skills to accomplish tasks.
Preaching – a persuasive speech for spiritual guidance.
Consulting – advice and counsel from an avowed expert.
Mentoring – values and experience transfer from one to another.
Counseling – examining past keys to present behavior.
A Sample of Topics We Can Explore Together …
- Decision Making tendencies
- Family Dynamics
- Personality traits
- Obstacles to growth
- Communication hangups
- Team Conflict
- Team Building
- Sweet Spot servicing
- Role Definition
- Goal Clarity and Goal setting
- Project Completion
- Values and values alignment
- Disciplines and Habits
- Skills Development
- Resource Identification